[ic] Category external link target

N.E.S.T. Solutions nest_consulting at yahoo.ca
Fri Oct 28 21:16:13 EDT 2005

> >><A HREF="$URL$" class=barlink target="blah">$ANCHOR$</A>
> >
> > Then, as I am not using frames in that store, is there a
> way to change
> > something so that I can make the category external URL open
> in a new
> > window instead? (target"_blank")
>
> Close, try target="_blank" (you left out the =)
>
> > I was trying to find where the code is for the demos' category link
> > types ( Internal, External, Interchange, Simple search,
> etc...) to see
> > if I could
> > modify the behaviour for the external links, but I could
> not locate it
> > so far.
>
> Look at the file catalog_before.cfg in your interchange directory
> (/usr/lib/interchange if you installed from the rpm package).
>  It's in
> the bar_link sub.  You can copy this block of code to
> before.cfg in your
> catroot/etc directory and then modify to your heart's content.
>
> Peter

Nice, thanks Peter and Kevin

as I wrote a 30 seconds ago, for now I just inserted this in
link_template and it worked

<A HREF="$URL$" class=barlink target="blank">$ANCHOR$</A>

But I will definitely look into these files to modify as needed cause I
will
have quite a few of those links, that's why I'd prefer to have it
automatic
instead of having to put the code in link_template everytime.

Martin H.