[ic] IE 6.0.2 Errors On Empty Fields --- Fixed

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Sun Oct 30 00:17:10 EDT 2005

Randy Just [randyjust at justcomp.com] wrote:
> At 07:49 PM 10/28/2005, you (might be me) wrote:
> > Randy Just [randyjust at justcomp.com] wrote:

> > > Hmmm, I didn't think of trying what you put above.  I set it up as I
> > > had put above and it works with IE and Mozilla.  No errors with IE
> > > and is going to the secure page.
> > >
> > Your "secure=1" (outside of the [process] tag) probably isn't doing
> > anything useful.  See if your code still works without it.  If so then
> > you probably have something like "AlwaysSecure" set for the page,
> > which will be how you are able to get to the secure page.
> >
> For whatever reason, IE "likes" having "secure=1" outside of the process
> tag.  I modified catalog.cfg to set-up AlwaysSecure for the page and then
> included secure=1 as part of the process tag.  IE barfed on it.  Setting
> it up as "this.form.action='[process]', secure=1, this.form.submit()
> appeals to IE's nature for whatever reason.

Have you tried using a semicolon (;), instead of a comma (,), to
separate statements in your "onclick" JavaScript?

> I finally just removed the checkbox option.  While more convenient
> than having to enter a 0 in the quantity field to remove an item,
> it seems to be problematic in my installation.  Maybe our sales will
> increase because the customer can't remove an item easily <grin>.

I don't usually bother with the checkboxes either.  On sites where I
do include them, I don't auto-submit the form.  This isn't due to any
JavaScript issue;  It's just to give the user a chance to change his
mind and uncheck the box.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz