[ic] Question about separate perl installation

DB DB at M-and-D.com
Sun Oct 30 14:01:20 EST 2005

I'm setting up a new server running Centos 4.2 (same as RHEL). I left
the default perl installation in place, which is located in /usr/bin/perl

Then as root I installed another perl which I compiled with threads off
and this one is located in /usr/local/bin/perl

Interchange runs ok, but I'm a little concerned because "which perl" (as
root) now reports /usr/local/bin/perl because that comes first in the PATH.

Is this situation likely to cause any problems with the operation of the
system? All seems well, but I'd like to avoid nasty surprises once I put
the box into production.

DB