[ic] ITL functions

jeff at hisgirlfridays.com jeff at hisgirlfridays.com
Thu Sep 15 20:21:58 EDT 2005

Hello,

I am just finishing up an experimental project of sorts.  To complete my latest IC
project, I determined that I was not going to use any of Foundation, and furthermore, I
was going to use ITL as much as possible.

As the project comes to a close, I'd say it worked damn well, with the exception of one
thing.  I don't know how to do a function that contains ITL.  For example, I found
that I cut-and-pasted large blocks of ITL in numerous places.  Now I should refactor those
blocks into function calls, but usertags consist of perl, not ITL.  I might be able to
make a generic usertag wrapper that called functions via include or some other kludgy
mechanism, but before I go off on a ridiculous tangent I was curious as to how some of the
experts here might address this.

Thanks,
Jeff