[ic] ProductFiles entry in locale.txt

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Fri Sep 30 21:59:06 EDT 2005

Quoting Davor Ocelic (docelic at mail.inet.hr):

> > do you know what the use for this record with key "ProductFiles" is? I'm
> > localizing the table for locale es_ES and after restarting the server I
> > kept getting server errors, because my translation for this item didn't
> > exist as a ProductFile. It looks like some script queries this record
> > (maybe for localized ProductFiles?).
>
> Your "translation for this item" does not need to "exist as a ProductFile".

Actually, this is a case of a directive being set based on locale.
You can do:

	Locale de_DE ProductFiles  "produkte varianten"
	Locale fr_FR ProductFiles  "produits variantes"

to get different product tables based on locale.

To some extent this has been obsoleted by Stefan's excellent
Vend::Table::Shadow setup, which allows you to shadow certain
fields based on locale. That is what we tend to use nowadays.

--
Mike Heins

How far can you open your mind before your brains fall out?