[ic] A subcatalog crashing a catalog?

David Tegart david at mytights.com
Mon Apr 3 08:50:37 EDT 2006

I have recently created the following setup:

SubCatalog sub parent /var/lib/interchange/sub /sub

with the catalog "parent" being an old catalog which has run perfectly for a long time.

The parent catalog works fine, until one call to the subcatalog has been made, then the following type of error occurs for any page hit on the parent catalog:

1.1.1.1 - - [02/April/2006:19:41:03 +0100] sub /parent/2745.html Died in server spawn: do not know how to copy Safe=HASH(0xa939ab4) at /usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/Util.pm line 766.

Occasionally the page request is sucessful, others return an empty page. (Everything "seems" to be working fine for the subcatalog)

Obviously, the fact that the error (resulting from a request to parent catalog) is being reported as if it belongs to "sub" catalog is very important ... but I have no idea why this is happening.

Any advice would be very very welcome.

David