[ic] (no subject)

Gert van der Spoel ic at 3edge.com
Tue Apr 4 18:21:59 EDT 2006

William O. Yates writes:

> Gert van der Spoel wrote ..
>> William O. Yates writes:
>>
>> > http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.icdevgroup.org%2Fdocs%2F
>> >

>> On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 17:13:13 -0800
>> Peter <peter at pajamian.dhs.org> wrote:
>>
>> > If you click on the W3C XHTML icon at the bottom of almost every page
>> (i
>> > checked a few pages at random so i can't speak for *every* page) it
>> > fails validation.  I think that one of the requirements for using that
>> > icon is that the page passes the validator?
>>
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> You are right. Last time I checked, it did pass the validation.
>>
>> If you look at the errors, they are basically of just two types.
>>
>>  - One is missing xmlns="", which is easy to fix.
>>
>>  - The other, however, is caused by the <meta> tags that we inserted
>>  just a few days ago to improve Swish search function.
>>
>> We'll have to see whether we value this specific xhtml compatibility
>> enough to use a different approach to inserting <meta> tags (one that
>> would put them inside <head />, or we will simply remove the xhtml
>> icon.
>>
>> Thanks for spotting this,
>>  -doc
>>

>> Which part of this wasn't clear like 3 days ago?
>>
>> CU,
>>
>> Gert

> are you serious...? ! ?
>
> remove the tag to "fix" the problem...?
>
> jeez...
>
> i've been told not to post fixes...
>
> i've been told i disturb people...
>
> i've been told i'm not a member so don't bother to post...
>
> somehow, i expected better...
>
> hackware...

The world is probably not as pink a cloud that you are living on and we are
all booboo bad people talking nasty to you. Then again you just clogged my
mailbox with 2 e-mails that annoyed me. I'm merely pointing out you start a
new thread on a topic which was started 3 days ago. That way I relieve
myself of my annoyance - that's healthy for me.

You could continue on that thread which Peter started and ask Davor if he's
serious that he is spending hours on end tweaking the new docs and wasting
his valuable time. You could also instead dive into Docbook and related
materials (regarding which Davor just 2 days ago sent a full lengthy e-mail
asking for assistance) and help him sort out the XHTML issue that arose with
adding extended functionality back to the search.

About the hostility feeling you are having - things usually have 2 sides.

> are you serious...? ! ?
>
> remove the tag to "fix" the problem...?

This is *not* the way to rub someone in the positive direction who spends
his time on a free piece of software. If he then tells you to fuck off,
don't be all surprised.

So just my advice: If you want to play ball with the other kids in this
park, play nice - stick to the group feeling, keep your profile in check and
be a good boy overall. Then the kids will be passing the ball to you aswell
and we can all be happy until mommy calls us in for dinner...

CU,

Gert