[ic] list the products in a certain predefined order?

Georg Brugger georg.brugger at edienste.de
Tue Apr 11 03:36:22 EDT 2006

First of all thank you very much for all the inputs till now.  But still I
am not there where I should be.

As mentioned in earlier email I am working on my first shop based on the
foundation shop from interchange 5.2 on a suse linux system. Test shop link
is: www.edienste.de/cgi-bin/mdv-druck/index.html

To explain my problem using the test shop above is the following: clicking
"Werdenfelser Zeitplanbuch"  --> "Kleinformat" I want to have placed the
product with sku ZKA as the first item, and so on.
I inserted in my products table a colum named sort, putting 1,2,3,4,5, ...
according to the desired sort order.
I used area/cat files changing according to my category/subcategory needs
for my navigation bar.

In the foundation shop I found in category-vertical ...  the following piece
of code. It seem to be the right one where I need to make the changes.

[loop prefix=cat
  search="
  fi=cat
  st=db
  co=yes
  tf=sort
  tf=name
  rf=code,name
  sf=sel
  se=[box-code]
 "]
 [cat-exec bar_link]cat[/cat-exec]<br>
[/loop]

The code produced is:

<A
HREF="http://www.edienste.de/cgi-bin/mdv-druck/scan/st=db/co=yes/sf=Untergru
ppe/se=Kleinformat/op=eq.html" CLASS="barlink">Kleinformat</A><br>

I think I understand the first part (search= ...) of the loop code, but the
[cat-exec bar_link ... ] not. I tried to use [page search ... ] instead, but
I was not successful.  I understand some how I have to include fi=products,
tf=sort, to=n

I hope the description of my problem is clear. Can please someone help me to
make the right changes in the piece of code above.

Thank you in advance for help.

Georg