[ic] Stripping CR/LF from form input - Solved

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Sun Apr 23 13:25:53 EDT 2006

Quoting DB (DB at M-and-D.com):
> I did however get things working by adding this to my catalog.cg:
>
> ##########################
> CodeDef no_crlf Filter
> CodeDef no_crlf Routine <<EOR
>  sub {
> my $val = shift;
> $val =~ s/[\r\n]+/ /g;
> return $val;
> }
> EOR
>
> Filter  notes  no_crlf
> ##########################
>

> I did not realize that the
>
> Filter	notes	no_crlf
>
> was required. Thanks for everyone's help, especially Mike!

It isn't required -- in fact, it is invasive in that any variable
named "notes" will be filtered in that way. It is probably better
to use some method besides that, but it does work if nothing else
does.

There still must be some reason that it is getting in the database
that way; if you put that filter in your input screen by any of the
normal methods it would be better.

--
Mike Heins

-- Wernher Von Braun