[ic] Preventing non-US orders from using realtimeprocessing

Paul Jordan jordan at gishnetwork.com
Fri Apr 28 11:56:14 EDT 2006

interchange-users-bounces at icdevgroup.org wrote:
> On 04/27/2006 06:12 PM, Jon wrote:
>>       I was looking for a way to determine what country the user was
>> coming from and prior in this thread it appeared to me that's what
>> the country variable would be able to provide which isn't the case.
>> What I had been playing with to determine the IP's source country is
>> GeoIP until I remembered the issues with accessing files from within
>> IC and since GeoIP uses a data file I have stopped working on it.
>
> Not a problem, you just need to write a usertag to access geoip with
> ... in fact someone has already written one:
> <http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/downloads/usertags/geo_ip.usertag>

Just do it after they fill in the form with billing/shipping. Use the
multipage checkout. On the last page, just use the [value country], and
behind the scenes you can redirect to offline credit card with PGP. The
customers might not even know the difference, except that with foreign
orders you'll want to show a "You will be sent an order acceptance notice
via email shortly" type of thing. Send them a pass/fail email when you run
the card.

If I understand your thread correctly, going the route of GeoIP is farther
from what you want to ultimately do.  If this is giving you a lot of
trouble, I am sure a competent consultant could do this in an hour. Send the
request to the interchange-biz list.

 Paul Jordan