[ic] CheckOut and Shipping

Frank Reitzenstein frank at goldissue.com
Sun Aug 6 21:29:34 EDT 2006

Jon wrote:

>Is it expected/assumed that the shipping tag is invoked/calculated
>multiple (>15) times in the final check out process ?  I'm working
>with a 5.4 standard cart and I see the shipping costs are calculated
>many times during the final Place Order phase which seems excessive
>and I'm wondering if this isn't expected then how can it be reduced.
>
>Jon

Hello Jon,

I can't see what you see in front of you, so I am assuming that what you
are referring to is the fact there are perhaps 15 modes in shipping.asc.
Each needs to be queried in sequence (often using the same ups-query).

Basically, when any one of these returns zero it gets removed from the
list, and the rest get displayed as shipping alternatives at checkout.

So you can answer the question yourself; Can I reduce the number of
lines in shipping.asc to 2 or 3?

Regards,

Frank Reitzenstein.

--