[ic] Shipping Help

Frank Reitzenstein frank at goldissue.com
Mon Aug 7 06:42:05 EDT 2006

Gilberto Valentin wrote:

>Curt and Frank,
>
>Thanks for the help.  I was able to add a new shipping status in the admin
>side for local purchases.  That solves that part.  I am still having
>trouble getting the GNDCOM and GNDRES or any other shipping methods to
>show in the drop box in the check out page.  The drop box is now showing
>empty because I got rid of the "Local Purchase" since I am now able to
>choose this option through admin as mentioned above ;-)
>
>So, any idea why these shipping methods are still not showing in my
>checkout page?  I checked via the admin side and the are set properly for
>the United States and enabled.  I still don't know why this is happening.
>

>On Fri, August 4, 2006 2:20 pm, Curt Hauge wrote:
>

>>Tito Valentin <gvalentin at daemonracing.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,
>>>

>>>I have been trying to set my shipping methods in the checkout.html
>>>form. When I go to that page on IC through the client side, the only
>>>shipping method available is LOCAL (local is a method I set for in-store
>>>purchases) I am not able to see the UPS or FedEx methods (or any for
>>>that matter except Local).  How can I enable those other methods to show
>>>on the shipping method drop box in the checkout page?
>>>

>>You should use grep to look for where your local ship method is being
>>used in your code, something like:
>>
>>grep -r "local" /CATROOT/products
>>
>>Then you can see where you need to add UPS and FedX options.
>>

>>>Also, If I am in the Admin side and click on "orders" and "new
>>>order", I am able to generate an order for a client just fine.  Once I
>>>submit, it defaults to UPS Ground.  I don't mind that because I can
>>>always go ahead and change the shipping method manually by editing the
>>>order.  The only problem is that if I am entering an order via admin and
>>>it defaults to GNDCOM shipping the order will always be expecting a
>>>shipping status.  The only options in the shipping status are: Pending,
>>>Shipped, Partially
>>>Shipped, Back Ordered, Waiting for Payment, Waiting for Credit Check,
>>>Canceled.  Is there a way I can add the an extra option under status
>>>to say "Purchased Locally"?
>>>
>>>****************************************************
>>>Gilberto "Tito" Valentin
>>>

>>You can use grep in this case also, or look in
>>CATROOT/products/mv_metadata.asc, search for 'Partially Shipped' or
>>similar and you will find where to add a shipping status. Be careful in
>>there! Back it up first or best to use the Admin in the tables area.
>>
>>Good luck!
>>

>>Curt Hauge

Gilberto,

I don't know either. However in my first post on this subject to you I
tried to define the relationships as I understand them. So as you will
recall the shipping code GNDCOM needs to have:

1 A valid definition in shipping.asc.

2 Needs to be listed against the countries of interest in country.txt

3 Needs to be accepted by the function queried in shipping.asc ie ups-query

So for example if one of my lines in shipping.asc passes an invalid mode
to australia-post-query it will spit the dummy. That probably doesn't
answer your question so good luck anyway ;)

Regards,

Frank Reitzenstein.

--
Gold Issue Interchange Consulting http://www.goldissue.com