[ic] debian install error port 8786 what does this mean?

Bill Beecham natincom at nativeamericanwebdesign.com
Sun Aug 13 11:08:02 EDT 2006

Kevin,

thanks for answering me. I would love to ignore the error but it just
errors out. Here's what it gives:

PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-Iblib/lib" "-Iblib/arch" test.pl
server/unixmode.......The previous Interchange server was not running
and probably
terminated with an error.
ok 1
server/startup........ok 2
link/unixmode.........not ok 3 (ok= def: 1 connect: Connection refused
)

# When the above test fails, it may be due to your ISP or some other
# mechanism blocking port 8786.

server/inetmode.......The previous Interchange server was not running
and probably
terminated with an error.
ok 4
link/inetmode.........not ok 5
server/control........The previous Interchange server was not running
and probably
terminated with an error.
Terminated
make: *** [test_dynamic] Terminated

Any ideas what is going on? Or not going as the case may be?