[ic] indirect_login and mv_credit_card_info

Tom Tucker tom at ttucker.com
Sun Aug 20 14:20:14 EDT 2006

Please don't re-ignite the discussion over storing credit card number in the
database.

Interchange 5.4.0
MySQL 4.1.19-standard
Mac OS X 10.4.7
Modified 'standard' demo

When 'UserDB    default    indirect_login    email' is commented out in
catalog.cfg, mv_credit_card_info (encrypted credit card data) is
successfully stored in both userdb and transactions (updated
log_transaction).

When I uncomment this line, the mv_credit_card_info column is empty. This
happens whether 'UserDB    default    assign_username    1' is uncommented
or not.

Is this expected behavior?

How can I allow customers to login with their email address AND store the
encrypted card data?

Thanks

-----
Tom Tucker