RE [ic] New Starter SOLVED (Well a workaround at least)

Michael Curtis MichaelC at glcweb.co.uk
Mon Aug 21 10:58:21 EDT 2006

> Stefan Hornburg writes:
>
> > Sam Batschelet wrote:

> ......................../.locale.db

> >> Well I think because these are not standard fields that you will
need
> >> add
> >> these to your MySQL database either through command line or
something
> >> like
> >> phpMyAdmin then restart Interchange.
> >
> > locale database is usually not kept in SQL, but rather as text file.
> > It is possible that the import doesn't accept new columns, though.
> >

> You'd have to add the column manually to the  products/locale.txt file
> prior
> to uploading the new file through the admin.
>
> CU,
>
> Gert
Many thanks all

Solution was to:

Export locale.txt in Excel spreadsheet and make the additions
Save locale.xls as tab delimited to local drive
Import said file (it will fail but will save the file to 'upload'
directory) via UI
Rename .locale.db to .locale.db.old
Copy across uploaded locale.??? To locale.txt
Restart IC

The import/export function via UI, does not work in the way I think it
should.............or am I doing it wrong?

Regards

Mike Curtis