[ic] Product Meta DB Lookup issue

N.E.S.T. Solutions nest_consulting at yahoo.ca
Tue Aug 29 20:25:21 EDT 2006

> "N.E.S.T. Solutions" <nest_consulting at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> > My tables columns are built like this:
> >
> > Products table:
> > sku description price (...) itemtype1 itemtype1brand (...) itemtype2
> > itemtype2brand (...)
> > [around 250 columns, 20 item types]
> >
> Have you  considered splitting the 250 columns into a
> separate table? Perhaps one table with sku, description and
> price etc. and another with sku, type and brand?

Actually yes, that's part of the re-design, cause it's been growing way
too big. But first, I want to avoid having to edit my products meta
options
by hand, cause I have to do this for about 20 fields (lists). Same for
other fields that repeats.

So do you know what I'm doing wrong with the external DB lookup?

Thanks

Martin