[ic] Meta DB Lookup - I knew it was a stupid mistake

N.E.S.T. Solutions nest_consulting at yahoo.ca
Thu Aug 31 23:02:29 EDT 2006

> Hi all,
>
> I know I got some hints about this already, but they
> didn't help me find the solution. Maybe I didn't express
> myself correctly.
>
> In the product field meta DB lookup page, there seems to
> be 3 fields that are necessary for external lookup.
>
> Lookup select
> Field for lookup
> Lookup table
>
> I made a table called suppliers with the following colunms:
> code	manufacturer	manufcode	address1	address2 etc...
> 0001	toolmaker	tm	645 Boul.	Door 1	etc...
> 0002	steelseller	ss	22 Road X	Gate 6	etc...
>
> I'd like to see all my manufacturers in my product field
> select: steelseller=ss toolmaker=tm
>
> Seems logic to set my meta db lookup like this:
>
> Lookup table: suppliers
> Lookup select: manufacturer,manufcode
>
> to get: SELECT manufacturer,manufcode FROM suppliers ORDER BY
> manufacturer;
>
> The only time I get something in my error log is when I give:
>
> Lookup table: suppliers
> Lookup select: suppliers::manufacturer
>
> because I end up with:
> SELECT suppliers::manufacturer FROM suppliers ORDER BY
> suppliers::manufacturer; which doesn't work...
>

> *** My question is, do I need to use "Field for lookup" as
> the criteria from the
> "products" table to lookup my options? I just want ALL rows
> to be returned for
> the columns I specify in my query, so I get the whole list of
> "suppliers" in
> my select boxes.
>

> Sorry if this is long to read, I don't know how to make it shorter!
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Martin Houle
> N.E.S.T. Solutions

Ok, since the beginning, I knew it was dumb... sooo dumb!

I had about 300 options in my options box, and I was adding
my DB lookup thinking it would replace the options already
in there, but they were adding at the bottom of the list...

I had my query right from the beginning but never noticed
cause the list is so long already... damn!

Gonna have to zap my balls with a taser for that one!

Sorry for bothering you all with this
Martin