[ic] Meta DB Lookup - Please help!

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Thu Aug 31 23:20:29 EDT 2006

On 08/31/2006 06:23 PM, Martin Houle wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I made a table called suppliers with the following colunms:
> code	manufacturer	manufcode	address1	address2 etc...
> 0001	toolmaker	tm	645 Boul.	Door 1	etc...
> 0002	steelseller	ss	22 Road X	Gate 6	etc...
>
> I'd like to see all my manufacturers in my product field select:
> steelseller=ss
> toolmaker=tm

It's the other way around, code=label, not label=code.

> Seems logic to set my meta db lookup like this:
>
> Lookup table: suppliers
> Lookup select: manufacturer,manufcode
>
> to get: SELECT manufacturer,manufcode FROM suppliers ORDER BY
> manufacturer;

Just put:
select manufcode, manufacturer from suppliers order by manufacturer

...in the extended.lookup_query field.

> The only time I get something in my error log is when I give:
>
> Lookup table: suppliers
> Lookup select: suppliers::manufacturer

Nope, that won't work.

I've never gotten it to work by filling in Lookup Select, Field for
lookup, etc.  But if I just stick a query into extended.lookup_query it
always works like a charm.

Peter