[ic] Meta DB Lookup - Please help!

N.E.S.T. Solutions nest_consulting at yahoo.ca
Thu Aug 31 23:52:18 EDT 2006

> Just put:
> select manufcode, manufacturer from suppliers order by manufacturer
>
> ...in the extended.lookup_query field.
>
> > The only time I get something in my error log is when I give:
> >
> > Lookup table: suppliers
> > Lookup select: suppliers::manufacturer
>
> Nope, that won't work.
>
> I've never gotten it to work by filling in Lookup Select, Field for
> lookup, etc.  But if I just stick a query into
> extended.lookup_query it
> always works like a charm.
>
> Peter

awesome tip Peter, I gotta try it out.

But I did get it to work using the fields though, I set it
like this:

Lookup Table: suppliers
Lookup Select: manufacturer (the one I want to have as DB data to
display on the site, lets say "Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)")
Lookup Field: manufcode  (the one I want to display in the product's
Select dropdown "AMD")

Your trick must be better to do more elaborate queries though, where
do I find that extended.lookup_query field? I can't seem to find where
it is.

Thanks again

Martin