[ic] Admin New Entry Problem

Cameron B. Prince cplists at princeservices.com
Tue Dec 12 00:15:07 EST 2006

Hey guys,

I'm having a problem with the Admin's New Entry function. This is using a
default standard catalog on IC v5.4.1 with MySQL. When you edit a table that
uses the autonumber counter files as a key, such as products, you can
duplicate the problem by clicking New Entry. Leave the pre-filled key intact
and click Ok to create the new entry. You will see that you are returned to
the flex_editor but instead of it having the next key pre-filled, all the
fields are empty.

You can click New Entry again to create another item, but you will find that
the counter has been incremented twice. I updated the meta for the New Entry
menu item and added a ui_return_to=admin/flex_select to cause the Ok to take
you back to the edit page rather than having the empty flex_editor but was
surprised to find the counter was still incremented twice after creating a
new entry.

So there are really two issues:

1) Is there a logical reason that I'm not realizing for incrementing the
counter twice? If not, how can this be prevented?

2) I understand this will not be ideal in every case, but I'd like the New
Entry function to return to the flex_editor to edit the item I just created.
Can you tell me if this is possible?

Thanks for your help and Merry Christmas to everyone,
Cameron