[ic] removing .../cgi-bin/catname/... from URLs

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Wed Dec 13 20:11:01 EST 2006

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006, DB wrote:

> Now I've set up another machine and another store, but on this new one
>
> [page home]home</a>
>
> sends me to
>
> http://domain2.com/cgi-bin/catname/home.html
>
> I can't for the life of me remember how I got the simplified urls to be
> the default. I have the rewrite rules in place on the new store, but
> what's the magic I need to have IC use the simpler URLs by default? Can
> anyone jog my memory?

In your interchange.cfg Catalog definition, the last path prefix alias is
the one that will be used for writing URLs. E.g.:

   Catalog  mycat  /home/someuser/catalogs/mycat  /cgi-bin/mycat  /

[area home] -> http://domain2.com/home.html

Whereas:

   Catalog  mycat  /home/someuser/catalogs/mycat  /  /cgi-bin/mycat

[area home] -> http://domain2.com/cgi-bin/mycat/home.html

Jon

--
Jon Jensen