[ic] FW: Need help with install please. Newbie here...

Barb Sorensen barb at emeraldcitymusic.com
Fri Dec 15 00:57:13 EST 2006

HI Stefan.  Thanks
 OK I broke down and upgraded my server to "business" so I could have the
ssh access..
Firs thing I did was go to the ftp address.
 it asked me for a password and I entered it and then it gave me a list of
all the files in the directory for interchange. :)
Looks Like I have access
 then I clicked on the configure file since the README instructions day to
do that first
  then I clicked on Makefile.pl as per the instructions after the
./configure file ran it's course.
and it again asked me for user and password and then it too ran it's course,
installed to /interchange and said "done"

 then I wasn't sure where to go but I remembered that after I ran the
configure file that the instructions at that point said to also run
Makefuile/.pl ( which I did ) and then run "make" and then run "make test"
and then run " make install"

 so I type in /interchange/make and it began to churn away .... And it's
been going for a little while.. Should it take this long, or is it waiting
for another command?  I ddid not see a "make" file in the folder.. And I"m
not that familiar with ssh commands and perl... So not sure if this is right
or did Miss something?:
Where to now? It's still on "make".. Toiling away ...

Thanks
Regards
Barb