[ic] Re: Dead 5.2 in RPC?

Bob Puff bob at nleaudio.com
Wed Dec 27 02:03:20 EST 2006

>> Hi Ron,
>>
>> Will that fix the authorizenet problems?  I'm a little gun-shy, after having
>> to do like 20 refunds due to this bug.  Thanks!
>>
>> Bob
>>
>> P.S. I am running Perl 5.8.4, non-threaded
>>

> Hello Bob,
>
> I can't guarantee it will fix the problem, but your symptoms all sound like
> things I have ran into in the past (if you search the archives you'll find a lot of info
> about "double triple charges with signio" and the fix was to run in RPC mode
> with MaxServers 0.  Recently I was instructed to setup all sites at End Point with
> MaxServers 0 in high traffic mode to get the stability of high traffic mode with the fix
> for perl signaling problems that cause issues when calling sendmail or external
> programs.
>
> There was also a thread about authorizenet issues awhile ago and I think the solution may
> have been to use another method to contact authorizenet (using wget instead of lwp).
>
> --
> Ron Phipps
> End Point Corporation
> ron at endpoint.com

Hi Ron,

I thought the thing that fixed the perl signal problems was the RPC mode, not necessarily
the MaxServers thing.  Has the high traffic setting been working ok for you?

I did a search in the archives on authorizenet and wget, and came up with nothing.  Any
other suggestions for info on this?

Bob