[ic] Re: Dead 5.2 in RPC?

Ron Phipps ron at endpoint.com
Fri Dec 29 13:50:44 EST 2006

Bob Puff at NLE wrote:
>> Hi Bob,
>>
>> It's definitely MaxServers 0 that gets around the signaling issue when calling external programs.  High traffic with MaxServers 0 is working wonderfully for us.  It's used at FrozenCPU.com, Backcountry.com, Reliabemedical.com, any of the sites maintained by End Point are using that setup.saz
>>
>> Here's a link to the commit about using wget:
>>
>> http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-cvs/2005-May/006341.html
>>
>> I'm not sure where the main thread is about this problem, but it's in the archives.  Here is another post about the matter:
>>
>> http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2005-June/043376.html
>>
>> You may try searching for wget and Payment.pm or wget and Payment and see what turns up.
>>

> Hi Ron,
>
> Thanks for the leads!  I've implemented the Payment.pm and AuthorizeNet.pm from a 5.4.1 on my 5.2
> box, and set it back to high traffic with Maxservers set to 0.  So far, so good.
>
> This was a big, ugly bug that put a lot of egg on my face.  Too bad this wasn't addressed a long
> time ago.
>
> Bob

No problem.

I believe this was addressed as soon as reports turned up that it was an issue.  I know the RPC/MaxServers 0 solution was addressed back in 2002.

RPC/MaxServers 0 is stable in most installations, however it appears you have one of those installs where it acts up.

The Payment.pm/wget fix was done in May 2005 shortly after people started to see the issue.

Trust me I know how you feel, the mess I had to clean up after the Verisign double/triple charges issue was a pain, but in the end it helped solidify IC even more :)

--
Ron Phipps
End Point Corporation
ron at endpoint.com