[ic] IC 5.4 UPS, Fedex & Priority Mail Tracking

Steve Graham icdev at mrlock.com
Wed Feb 8 15:17:56 EST 2006

Here is some suggested code - hope it is beneficial to someone.

I made the following changes in IC 5.4 to allow tracking information
to be viewed by customers from check_orders.html

This will allow tracking on the main order only, not individual line items.

--------------------
First I added a field called carrier to the transaction database
and it will hold one of the following values:
UPS
USPS PRIORITY
FEDEX

====
I also modifed the orders/process section of the backend to allow
setting of the carrier field
/lib/UI/pages/admin/order_status.html

I did a search for tracking_number and found a Perl string in the
above file, which allows modification of the fields displayed in
order_status.html - added my new field right after tracking_number
and then it appeared in the UI
====

Snipit of  modified code from check_orders.html
=============

                 [currency][sql-param total_cost][/currency]
   [tmp tt_status][sql-param status][/tmp]
   [tmp tt_tst]shipped[/tmp]
[if type=explicit
     compare= "[calc]$Scratch->{tt_status} eq $Scratch->{tt_tst}[/calc]"]

    [tmp tt_carrier][sql-param carrier][/tmp]
    [tmp tt_tmp]UPS[/tmp]
    [if type=explicit
     compare= "[calc]$Scratch->{tt_carrier} eq $Scratch->{tt_tmp}[/calc]"]
<a
href="http://wwwapps.ups.com/etracking/tracking.cgi?InquiryNumber1=[sql-param
tracking_number]&TypeOfInquiryNumber=T" tar$
Shipped UPS
</a>
    [/if]

  [tmp tt_tmp]USPS PRIORITY[/tmp]
    [if type=explicit
     compare= "[calc]$Scratch->{tt_carrier} eq $Scratch->{tt_tmp}[/calc]"]
<form name=track
action=http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/netdata-cgi/db2www/cbd_243.d2w/output
method=post>
                 <input tabindex=5 type=hidden value=OK name=CAMEFROM>
                 <input type=hidden name="strOrigTrackNum"
value="[sql-param tracking_number]">
                 <input class=Submit type=submit value="USPS
Priority" name=push>
               </form>
    [/if]

  [tmp tt_tmp]FEDEX[/tmp]
    [if type=explicit
     compare= "[calc]$Scratch->{tt_carrier} eq $Scratch->{tt_tmp}[/calc]"]
"http://www.fedex.com/cgi-bin/tracking?action=track&language=english&cntry_code=us&initial=x&mps=y&tracknumbers=[sq$
Shipped Fedex</a>
    [/if]

[else]
             [display table=transactions type=display col=status
key="[sql-code]"]
[/else]
[/if]
[/query]

<!-- END CONTENT -->

@_LEFTONLY_BOTTOM_@

I'll be posting the change in /etc/ship_notice  to email the tracking
information, soon as it gets tested.

Hope this helps someone, and if anyone has any suggestions - please
advise - My ITL is probably not the most efficient.

Steve Graham