[ic] Call For Best Pricing

Gert van der Spoel ic at 3edge.com
Thu Feb 9 15:12:25 EST 2006

Brian Ellis writes:

>>Using IC 5.2.0 is it possible to display "Call For Best Pricing" as a price?
>
> Well price has to be a decimal so the best thing to do would probably be to set the price to 0 or a negative value then use an if statement
>
> [if-item-field price eq 0]
>    Call for best price
> [else]
>    [item-price]
> [/else]
> [/if-item-field]
>
> Or something like that. You would then need to take measures to make
> sure that someone does not buy it if the price is set to 0. You could
> use the same structure to remove the buy link then. Let me know if that
> helps!

If putting the price to something else in your product database you would
have to keep a separate price overview for the products for people to call
for.

Another option is to add an extra column to the products table, for example
'call' and make it a boolean.

That way you can keep your prices correct in the database and check on the
boolean to show the price/buybutton or to show a 'call me' option.

CU,

Gert