[ic] Call For Best Pricing

N.E.S.T. Solutions nest_consulting at yahoo.ca
Fri Feb 10 00:35:02 EST 2006

> I have searched previous posts and cannot find anything that
> applies to this particular issue.
>
> Using IC 5.2.0 is it possible to display "Call For Best
> Pricing" as a price?
>
> I cannot advertise my best price on the site, due to
> agreements with some of my vendors, but I can in turn offer
> them to customers that call for pricing.
>
> Thanx in Advance,
> Carol B.

Another way would be to add a column (callforadeal) on your products
table,
in your items call it for example "Call for Deal" and use a widget type
Select Box, with options like this:

=yes
1=no

Your default selection in this case would be yes (if that's what you
want, change it around otherwise). Best to use the most frequently used
one as default.

Then, do something like:

 [if-item-field callfordeal eq 0]
    Call For Best Pricing
 [else]

 [/else]
 [/if-item-field]

If you would like to have various messages, then add another column
(dealmessages) and use
Combo Select widget along with that.

=Call For Best Pricing!
TopDeal=I will beat any price!

 [if-item-field callfordeal eq 0]
    [item-data dealmessages]
 [else]

 [/else]
 [/if-item-field]

(there may be way of doing it all with one widget? someone?)

Martin H.
N.E.S.T. Solutions