[ic] Relational options question

Sandy Thomson sandy at scotwebshops.com
Tue Feb 14 09:20:02 EST 2006

Hi there,
In interchange at the moment the option rows are like:

options table
--
sku-optionA sku label1,label2,label3 price1,price2,price3
sku-optionB sku label4 price4

where the various labels and prices are comma seperated (the example is
simplified for the question).

Would it not make more sense to have something like:

options table
--
sku-optionA sku
sku-optionB sku

option contents table
--
sku-optionA label1 price1
sku-optionA label2 price2

The reason I am asking this is that we want to vary the price of a
product depending on a combination of options being selected, and the
price increment is not linear. Its not even quite as simple as that but
i am trying to explain it so you can understand - it would be using
custom CommonAdjust functions and a relational database would really
help. Before I go off and rewrite the interchange core options
functionality has this been done already? Any suggestions about how I
might begin to tackle this task?

Sandy.