[ic] nosalestax selected but tax charged

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue Feb 14 22:23:05 EST 2006

Running 5.2.

Most everything is taxable but a few new items are not. As the items
were entered, the nontaxable box was selected to be "yes".

Test run showed the salestax being charged anyway. It was applied to the
correct state.

So I dig on the mailing list and the docs and found
http://www.icdevgroup.org/interchange-doc-5.2.0/ic_ecommerce.html#Sales%
20Tax%20--%20simple%20salestax.asc%20table

And changed my salestax.asc from :

DEFAULT [fly-tax]

to:

DEFAULT 0.0
GA  .08

restarted IC but _still_ got charges sales tax on the no-tax items.

Then found the environment variable nontaxablefield is not set in my
configuration. So I added it to variables and restart IC.

Still the tax gets charged to GA sales. :(

So I commented out the javascript code (out of desparation) on the
checkout.html page that (seems to be _supposed_to_) pop-up the alert
with the tax amount notice.

No joy :(

Where else can I look to make notax "stick"? Right now, it seems like
the [salestax] tag is simply ignoring the nontaxablefield setting.
http://www.localnetsolutions.com

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>