[ic] Re-Building products.txt file from MySQL DB

N.E.S.T. Solutions nest_consulting at yahoo.ca
Wed Feb 22 08:49:22 EST 2006

> N.E.S.T. Solutions wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > I have been forced to re-organize my products table,
> > and I started in MySQL, re-ordering my columns (over 200 of them)
> >
> > I also re-organized my dbconf/mysql/products.mysql file
> >
> > My products.txt file is really hard to read/edit cause of the large
> > amount of columns (one item line wraps over 20 lines on the
> screen).
> >
> > Is there a easy way for re-building the products.txt file to
> > match what's in my products table in MySQL?
>
> Just go into the UI and export the table.
>
> Bye
> 	Racke

Thanks Racke!

I did stop IC completely before I started the work...

I'm worried that if I start IC with a products.txt file that
doesn't match the products sql table, will it make a mess when
it imports the products.txt file?

1)Does it matter the "order" of the columns fields between
the products.txt file and the products table?

2)Will it import the products.txt file into MySQL if I don't remove
the products.sql from the %catroot%/products folder?

Thanks again

Martin H.
N.E.S.T. Solutions