[ic] Re-Building products.txt file from MySQL DB

Stefan Hornburg racke at linuxia.de
Wed Feb 22 09:02:39 EST 2006

N.E.S.T. Solutions wrote:

>>>Hi list,
>>>
>>>I have been forced to re-organize my products table,
>>>and I started in MySQL, re-ordering my columns (over 200 of them)
>>>
>>>I also re-organized my dbconf/mysql/products.mysql file
>>>
>>>My products.txt file is really hard to read/edit cause of the large
>>>amount of columns (one item line wraps over 20 lines on the
>>
>>screen).
>>
>>>Is there a easy way for re-building the products.txt file to
>>>match what's in my products table in MySQL?
>>
>>Just go into the UI and export the table.
>>
>>Bye
>>	Racke
>>

> Thanks Racke!
>
> I did stop IC completely before I started the work...
>
> I'm worried that if I start IC with a products.txt file that
> doesn't match the products sql table, will it make a mess when
> it imports the products.txt file?

You can direct Interchange to skip import with the "NoImport"
directives:

NoImport products

NoImportExternal yes

The latter one affects all SQL tables.

Besides that, Interchange will not import into SQL tables
on every start. Usually Interchange keeps track of which
tables are already imported with .sql files.

> 1)Does it matter the "order" of the columns fields between
> the products.txt file and the products table?

No.

> 2)Will it import the products.txt file into MySQL if I don't remove
> the products.sql from the %catroot%/products folder?

No, see above.

Additionally, you can make a copy of your MySQL database/tables
with mysqldump before starting Interchange.

Bye
	Racke