[ic] UPS Zones

Steve Graham icdev at mrlock.com
Tue Feb 28 12:43:07 EST 2006

>That makes sense.  But the next question is: how does this work in what is
>being distributed with IC??  The file I quoted was from a default 5.2
>install... I think!
>
>And how do you handle the exception zip codes?  There are a lot of single zips
>that fall into a different zone here.

IC 5.4 uses the new cache tables - I would highly recommend using the
WWW lookups if possible, especially since UPS offers some ground
services to HI, and AK now.

You might want to review the actual 450 zone file from UPS, since
these do change on occasion.

There are some new features in the static lookup tables in IC 5.4 as
well, but I haven't used these yet.

-Steve