[ic] Anti-Verisign

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Tue Jan 3 09:23:59 EST 2006

Quoting Rene Hertell (interchange at hertell.com):
> Hi all,
> Some years ago there was a discussion about dumping Verisign
> (http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2003-September/035487.html).
> Unfortunately I had just re-registered my domain at that time, so I got
> stuck to Verisign.
> Now It's time for me to re-register my domain, and I thought that I
> would like to check if someone know a safe and reliable non-Verisign
> company i could switch to.

Actually Verisign sold their Network Solutions domain name business,
so they no longer are affiliated.

But you should switch for service reasons, IMHO. One of the best low-cost
providers is GoDaddy.com. Perusion also sells them, at:

We use Tucows to resell. Advantage being that you know your registrar.... 8-)

But really, if I were going to register one I would probably use

Mike Heins

Experience is what allows you to recognize a mistake the second
time you make it. -- unknown