[ic] order highjack

A L E N G I O . C O M info at alengio.com
Fri Jan 13 10:27:01 EST 2006

Dear ICdevgroup,

I am currently using IC version 5.5.0. to run a small online jewellery shop. Just yesterday a visitor decided to test the IC system by making multiple orders on my site. Normally this only leaves me with a headache as I must cancel these orders and book all ordered items back onto the inventory. However this time I was also surprised to find that this person had made "empty" orders. Basically there is an item in the basket but the quantity is 0.

How can it be that the order was accepted by IC?

In my admin it shows an order with the selected item and amount 0 and further more the purchasing price and shipping cost as if the ordered amount wasn't 0 but was 1.

I use IC quite some time but have never seen this happen.

It has one advantage in this case, I do not have to update the inventory, just cancel the order ;-)

Best regards,
P. Smits