[ic] Assistance Request

Marty Tennison marty at sediva.com
Fri Jan 13 16:50:46 EST 2006

Simon Swegles wrote:

> So to summarize:
> The error state occurs only when the IC user is logged off SSH.
> If the IC user is logged in to SSH the IC works normally.
> IC remains running whether the IC user is logged on or not.
> The DB is accessible on the commandline whether the IC user is logged
> on or not.
>
> I guess I could 'resolve' this by running IC in SCREEN and leaving the
> IC user logged in. Not a very good solution, but I suspect it will work.

Here are some ideas in case you have not tried them already.   Hope they
help.

1) Starting Interchange from the root cron job to see what happens.
Something like (/sbin/service interchange restart
 or su - c /.../interchange -r -l interch)
2) Eliminate SSH as a cause by logging in via telnet or direct
connection and see what happens.
3) Stop all unnecessary server processes except Interchange httpd and
Mysqld.
4) Use strace to debug at the system calls level.

--
Marty Tennison