[ic] Mail forms under attack!!

N.E.S.T. Solutions nest_consulting at yahoo.ca
Wed Jan 18 15:49:50 EST 2006

> On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 09:51 -0800, Greg Hanson wrote:
> > maillists wrote:
> >
> > >Is there a way to check the referer so that ONLY forms on my
> > >localhost are processed?
> > >
> > >What other security measures can I take on my mail and
> other forms.
> > >Like I said allot of my sites use LOTS of forms...
> > >
> > >(I just upgraded to IC5.4 from IC5.2)
> > >
> > >Thanks
> > >Rick
> > >

> > You might check out this tip provided by Kevin Walsh:
> >

> http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchang>
e-users/2005-October/044
> > 133.html
> >

> Thanks! That helps,
>
> Does anybody know how to set up a page like "spam_trap"?
>
> I would like to log the following info to a file on my server:
>
> IP Address, Browser, Referrer, + any other important info
> from the remote scumbag!
>
> Thanks
> Rick

Out of curiority, I was looking around for some scripts and examples,
I found this link, I didn't have much time to read it yet, but it may
be somewhat useful to you... this one's PHP & apache control, but it
may give you ideas to make your own within IC

http://www.kloth.net/internet/spam/antispam.php

Martin H.
N.E.S.T. Solutions