[ic] permissions problem uploading .pdf files

Ton Verhagen tverhagen at cacari.com.org
Thu Jan 19 06:44:07 EST 2006

Quoting "Eric Bont" <eric_bont at hotmail.com>:
>Hi,
>
>I created an extra directory for my .pdf files. When I upload my
>.pdf files with the product-editor (widget type=image upload)
>everything works fine.
>
>When I use the file transfer page
>(file_transfer.html?initial_dir=images/pdf) I have a problem that
>the upload .pdf file gets the wrong rights ( -rw-rw---   instead
>of   -rw-r--r--   ). Uploading by the product-editor the file gets
>the right permissions
>
>When I try to connect my catalog to a pdf file with wrong rights I
>get the message : Forbidden
>You don't have permission to access /xxx/images/pdf/testpdf12.pdf on
>this server.

This has been answered several times on this list if memory serves me well.

Please add the following entry to the variable table and 'Apply changes'

UI_CONST_IMAGE_REGEX   \.(?:gif|jpe?g|png|pdf)$        Directories and Paths

Good luck !

Best regards,

Ton

--
Alamerce Nederland --- Cornerstone of eBusiness
Phone +31-40-2374381    info at alamerce.nl    http://www.alamerce.nl

eCommerce Solutions -- Consulting -- Website & Interchange Hosting