[ic] mv_order_quantity zero ignored when only one mv_order_item

JT Justman jt-lists at sirius.airdelights.com
Fri Jan 20 14:09:07 EST 2006

Hi, everyone!

I've noticed an odd behavior and I've found that it does the same thing
in the demo store admin on Firefox 1.5 and IE 6 on XP.

1) If you perform a search via the 'description' field, and then enter
another search without entering a quantity, the first result from the
search is added to the cart. (I.e. search for hammer, then immediately
search for nails)

2) If you enter a sku into the mv_order_item box, and then specifically
enter zero in the mv_order_quantity box, the item is still added to the
cart with quantity 1.

I assumed that 1) was the result of the quantity being blank, but found
that giving a default quantity of zero didn't help. I guess I never
realized that if you only have one mv_order_item, then the quantity is
forced to one. Isn't often that such a form gets submitted. I can work
around this by placing a hidden blank mv_order_item and _quantity on the
form. Is there something more graceful, though?

JT

--
"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to
find easier ways to do something."