[ic] Intchg 4.6.5 cannot find Digest::MD5...

Davor Ocelic docelic at mail.inet.hr
Mon Jan 23 18:53:15 EST 2006

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 15:13:04 -0700
"Goss, Clayton" <cgoss at foxfireprinting.com> wrote:

> I have just inherited an Interchange system v4.6.5.  It is running on RH
> 7.2 and Apache 1.3.20.  I am getting the following in
> /var/log/interchange/error.log:
>
> - - - [23/January/2006:16:12:06 -0500] - - hysterusdeal config error:
> Required  module not present. Aborting catalog.
> > In line 6 of the configuration file 'catalog.cfg':
> > Require module Digest::MD5    "Need %s %s for better cache keys."
>
> ...and, of course, the "interchange start" command skips this catalog.
>
> I have downloaded the perl 5.6.0 digest MD5 and MD5 rpms and installed,
> but no help.

Hi Clay,

First find out where is your Interchange executable (the Perl program file).
Try with 'which interchange' or 'whereis interchange'. If it doesn't help,
try looking in directories like /usr/lib/interchange/bin/, or ultimately
run:

  find / -name interchange | grep bin/interchange

Then you need to look at it, to determine which Perl binary it uses.
To do so, run:

  head /path/to/bin/interchange

and look at the top of output, you should see something like:

    #!/usr/local/bin/perl

Then you need to use that same Perl version to install Digest::MD5 in it.
Run:

   /path/to/perl -MCPAN -e 'install "Digest::MD5"'

After answering a few not-to-complicated questions, you should be get
Perl's CPAN module to download, compile and install Digest::MD5.

Hope it helps,
-doc