[ic] Re: IC 4.8.9->5.2 upgrade snafus

Kris Deugau kdeugau at vianet.ca
Fri Jan 27 16:58:04 EST 2006

Kris Deugau wrote:
> 3)  The customer had set the store subsections menu (category_vertical)
> on the left-hand side of their page to be cached, and regenerated once
> per day.  Somewhere along the line, the settings the customer has used
> to cause this seem to be getting ignored or misinterpreted.

After a bit more digging, it seems that most of the visible options and
settings relating to caching pages or page fragments have been obsoleted
as of IC5.  Including, but not limited to:

Static        __CATALOG_STATIC__
StaticLogged  __LOGGED_STATIC__
StaticAll     Yes
StaticDBM     static
StaticDepth   2
StaticDir     __SAMPLEHTML__/pages
StaticFly     Yes
StaticPath    __SAMPLEURL__/pages

(extract from a 4.8.9 foundation catalog)

What replaces these settings?  Does IC "intelligently" cache as-needed?

The only place in any documentation I've even these even acknowledged as
obsolete is http://www.icdevgroup.org/docs/confs.html.

-kgd