[ic] swish search error

Dan Bergan dan at berganconsulting.com
Tue Jan 31 13:58:49 EST 2006

Stefan Hornburg wrote:

> Dan Bergan wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am trying to set up Swish-e for searching my site.  I followed the
>> directions from this thread:
>> http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2005-February/042235.html
>>

>> I have indexed my site and I can successfully search using the
>> swish-e command line.
>>
>> When I search from an interchange form, I get the following error:
>> Limit subroutine creation: Bad code: Bareword "code" not allowed
>> while "strict subs" in use at (eval 1243) line 4.
>>
>> Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong?  Any pointers would
>> be helpful.  I also have a debug log from Swish.pm if that would be
>> helpful.
>>

> How does your Interchange form look like ?
>
> Bye
>     Racke

This is the current form:

<form action="[area search]" method=post>
<input type=hidden name=mv_session_id value="[data session id]">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_searchtype VALUE=swish>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_matchlimit VALUE=[control matches 10]>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_field VALUE="*">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_page value="resulttest">
<INPUT MAXLENGTH=30 NAME=mv_searchspec type=text size=8>
<input type="image" alt="[L]Search Go[/L]" width="45" border="0"
src="__THEME_IMG_DIR__go.gif">
</form>

Ok, I just removed "mv_search_field" from the form and now it works!
Sorry for wasting your time!

By the way, is there any documentation or examples anywhere for using
swish with Interchange?  I would like to avoid mistakes (like above) but
also make sure I'm using the full power of interchange and swish.

Thanks,
Dan