[ic] Form profile for account.html

Tim Good tim.g at edsd.com
Mon Jul 10 23:40:16 EDT 2006

Interchange 5.41 perl 5.8

I am trying to get form field validation to work for the
account.hmtl page.
I am checking this by setting up a new account and using the
original account.html with a few added userdb fields.

The form settings are:

<FORM ACTION="[process secure=1]" METHOD="POST"
name="accountinfo" id="accountinfo">
[form-session-id]

[if type=explicit compare="[error all=1 show_var=1 keep=1]"]
<P>
<b>[L]There were errors in your last submission.[/L]</b>
[msg arg.0="<SPAN style='color:red;'>" arg.1="</SPAN>"]They
are shown in %sthis color%s below.[/msg]
</P>
[/if]

[comment] account_change profile in etc/profiles.order
[/comment]

<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_form_profile
VALUE=account_change>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_todo     VALUE=return>
<input type=hidden name=mv_nextpage value="@@MV_PAGE@@">
<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=mv_check    VALUE="Save_database">

[set Save_database]
[calc]Debug("Saving!"); return[/calc]
[if compare="[userdb save]"]
[warnings message="Information saved."]
[else]
[error name=userdb set="Information saved"]
[/else]
[/if]
[/set]

__NAME__                            account_change

 __COMMON_ORDER_PROFILE__

email=required email is required
fname=required first name is required
order_profile=required
&fatal = yes
&setcheck = end_profile 1

__END__

I believe I am doing things by the book but it is not
working.
Can someone point in the right direction, either by reading
or by example?

Tim Good
EDSD, LLC
tim.g at edsd.com