[ic] Nested elsif bug still in 5.2

Sandy Thomson sandy at scotwebshops.com
Tue Jul 11 05:33:44 EDT 2006

Grant wrote:
> Yes that syntax works for me too, but the code you posted to test the
> elsif bug returns MOO2 for me on 5.2 when it should return MOO3.  Does
> it return MOO3 for you on 5.2?

Apologies, you are correct, it returns MOO2 on 5.4 as well as 5.2. I
guess there must be a bug with elsif parsing? You could rewrite that
statement differently to avoid the bug (obviously!)

> Yes that's definitely faster, but I'm wondering about the difference
> between == and eq.  I thought eq was slightly faster.

I would hazard a guess and say they are more or less the same.

> kiltstore.net looks perfect, the main content of scotwebstore.com is
> shifted to the right all the way off the page, and there are lots of
> major shifting and overlapping problems with scotwebshops.com.  I'm
> using Firefox 1.5.0.4 on Linux and my fonts are set to a minimum size
> of 16 in the browser.

The site starts to degrade when you go less than 1024px wide, but
otherwise it looks ok here on pretty much the same setup.

Sandy.