[ic] [timed-build] not working for logged in users

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Tue Jul 11 10:06:01 EDT 2006

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006, Paul Jordan wrote:

>> For logged-in users, you need force=1 IIRC.
>
> Yes, I forgot to mention force=1 does work. However I do have cookies
> enabled and verify the cookie is being set in both IE and FF.
>
> I thought using force=1 was a workaround, or is this by design?
>
> The Docs say:
>
> 	Use force=1 to ignore cookie status
>
> But my cookies are working...
>
> I'll took force=1 out because as it seemed like a workaround, I did not
> know of there were any side effects.

Take a look at sub timed_build in lib/Vend/Interpolate.pm. I don't see
anything other than force=1 that would allow it to work with logged-in
users. It may be that by design something else was supposed to allow that,
but I don't see it there, and have always used force=1 and made sure that
timed-builds don't have any user-specific data in them. That's about all I
can say, though, is how I've used it based on reading the actual code.

Jon

--
Jon Jensen
End Point Corporation