[ic] Large amount of text in form fields disabling submit button

Tim Good tim.g at edsd.com
Tue Jul 11 23:56:30 EDT 2006

Behalf
> Of Tim Good
> Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 9:43 PM
> To: interchange-users at icdevgroup.org
> Subject: RE: [ic] Large amount of text in form fields
> disabling submit button

table.
> > It works great with one exception. When I fill textarea
fields with
> > too much data the submit button becomes
> disabled.
> > What I mean by disabled is it is clickable but nothing
> happens. If I
> > lessen the amount of data (and it doesn't matter which
> field I lessen
> > the data in) the form works
> great.
>
> I have tested further and it appears that if the total
> characters entered into the form are approximately 246 the

> form will not submit.
> If I remove one character it will submit. I only say
> approximately, because I may be off by a character or two.
>
> I am completely stumped here. I have never run into this
before.
> If anyone has a clue I would really appreciate some
feedback here.

<form id="postitem" action="[area @@MV_PAGE@@]" method="GET"
name="postitem" enctype="multipart/form-data">
 [form-session-id]
<input type="hidden" value="[data base=session
field=username filter=sql]" name="username">
        <input type="submit" name="operation" value="Submit
Auction" class="search_button">
&nbsp;<input type="button" name="cancel" value="Cancel"
onClick='history.go(-2)' class="search_button">
	[include include/postitem/post_item]
********************this is the inner part of the form
containing all the fields
        <input type="submit" name="operation" value="Submit
Auction" class="search_button">
&nbsp;<input type="button" name="cancel" value="Cancel"
onClick='history.go(-2)' class="search_button">

        </form>

> > Has anyone run into this problem before? Does anyone
have