[ic] [charge] tag usage questions

ic at 3edge.com ic at 3edge.com
Thu Jul 27 09:24:12 EDT 2006

Postfix User writes:

> Hi -
>
> I'm looking for some assistance using $Tag->charge() for a global
> UserTag that I am writing.
>
> The documentation on the IC site is pretty sparse and the code, while
> readible does leave a few questions.
>
> I understand that the first parameter is $charge_type (e.g. the
> payment module name/type -- authorizenet, boa, etc), however, I dont
> understand what the second parameter $opt requires for data.
>
>> From what I can see in the source for charge(), $opt is a hash that is
> passed in.
>
> What are the required keys for this hash?
>
> I appreciate your assistance!
>
> Thanks!

Afaik this depends on the payment provider you want to be using. Read the
perldoc on Vend/Payment/AuthorizeNet.pm for example.

<snippet>
It uses several of the standard settings from Interchange payment. Any time
we speak of a setting, it is obtained either first from the tab/call
options, then from an Interchange order Route named for the mode, then
finally a default global payment variable ....
</snippet>

So if you have defined all in Route/Global vars your tag only will need a
mode.

CU,

Gert