[ic] Authorize.Net "Unknown charge type:"

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 00:32:44 EDT 2006

> > I'm trying to use the Authorize.Net payment module in a custom admin
> > page for manually processing cards that are saved via PGP on the
> > front-end.
> >
> > I'm submitting three variables called:
> >
> > mv_credit_card_number
> > mv_credit_card_exp_month
> > mv_credit_card_exp_year
> >
> > and calling this on the subsequent page:
> >
> > [charge mode="authorizenet" id="mYiD" secret="mYsEcReT"
> > transaction="sale" test="TRUE"]
> >
> > Nothing is returned to the page and I get the following in the error.log:
> >
> > //process Unknown charge type:
> >
> Try route="authorizenet" instead of mode="authorizenet".

In a word Kevin: bingo.  Thanks a lot.

I also needed to add an "amount" parameter to the charge tag, but that
was quite explicit thanks to this bit of code from the in-module docs:

[calc]
my $string = $Tag->uneval( { ref => $Session->{payment_result} });
$string =~ s/{/{\n/;
$string =~ s/,/,\n/g;
return $string;
[/calc]

There is actually a long list of variables in the module.  So, any
values that aren't passed to the charge tag explicitly are pulled from
the session's [value]s if possible?

- Grant