[ic] Session ID supression causes Javascript to fail

Paul Jordan paul at gishnetwork.com
Mon Jul 31 13:52:40 EDT 2006

OK, I am sure I am in for a beating with the dum dum stick this time. I no
longer have a problem, but would like to understand what is going on.

I have two catalogs. In catalog A, I have a system that among other things,
had:
ScratchDefault  mv_no_session_id  1
ScratchDefault  mv_no_count       1

For whatever reason, once I logged into my custom backend, sessionID's and
mv_pc would appear in the URL's. I really didn't care in the backend.
Everything worked great.

I copied this backend into Catalog B. It also had:
ScratchDefault  mv_no_session_id  1
ScratchDefault  mv_no_count       1

However, links that were launched via Javascript (href's were good, just no
&id=) would go to the special_pages/missing.html. I could not figure out why
for hours. I did notice however, in this backend (catalog B) I was not
getting &id= and &mv_pc in my URL's. So, I:

ScratchDefault  mv_no_session_id  0
ScratchDefault  mv_no_count       0

This fixed it. However, I am left with two questions.

1. is the session_id required in href's launched from Javascript?

2. What would cause a catalog (in this case Catalog A) to show &id= after
login, but not before - or, if that is expected, what would cause &id= to
NOT show up after login, as in Catalog B?

Best,

Paul Jordan