[ic] updating our site

Gert van der Spoel ic at 3edge.com
Thu Jun 8 06:59:57 EDT 2006

Dave writes:

> Hi there, we have a toy store using interchange at the moment. So far  it
> has a browse by category section, but i want to have a menu on the  left
> hand side with browse by category (with a drop down menu of the
> categories), browse by age (with a drop down menu) and a browse by
> brand(drop down etc). if i have the system all workijg at the moment,  but
> want to add extra search or category types, is it a long and  drawn out
> process? or can these changes be made simply? that is my  first question.
> regards
> Dave Stringer.

If you can display all categories you have in your database you can create a
query for all the categories you have and then display that. If a new
category is created it would show automatically .. Something like:

<select>
[query sql="select category from products group by category" type="list"]
[list]
<option value="[sql-param category]">[sql-param category]
[/list]
[/query]
</select>

CU,