[ic] search engine indexing scan/ MM=0f73bb47ac44f4e422.....

Jon prtyof5 at attglobal.net
Fri Jun 16 18:14:27 EDT 2006

> Hello,
> I just noticed that Google is reindexing our site after the upgrade to IC 5.4
> Among the normal results are some of these:
> www.mrlock.com/eshop/locks/scan/
> MM=0f73bb47ac44f4e422fab7057f73d0c0:250:299:50.html?mv_more_ip=1&mv_n...
> - 58k -
> <
> <http://www.google.com//search?hl=en&lr=&q=related:www.mrlock.com/eshop/locks/scan/MM%3D0f73bb47ac44f4e422fab7057f73d0c0:250:299:50.html%3Fmv_more_ip%3D1%26mv_nextpage%3Dresults%26mv_arg%3D>Similar
> pages
> If I click on the link on the google site - it returns nothing, but
> if I click on there cached page it does show the result the spider
> obtained originally.
> It seems that the spider did a search and returned a good chunk of
> our inventory, which is ok (I guess) ....
> Any thoughts.

           "Any thoughts"... yes BUT.. I'm an IC novice.

What that appears to be are the Timed built pages I think. I see the same on my site
when there is the Page forward/back via the [more-list] tag... some magic under there
some where.  When google crawls and picks up those pages they exist but when
you click the links in the future the page is gone because, I assume, it has expired
and needs to be created again on the fly.  How to circumvent this in particular
for google I do not know but wish I did since I've got the same problem.
I think this has been discussed and explained some time ago but I've not been
able to find it in the archives.